Saturday, August 21, 2010

14 miles later.....

Hello bloggies

This morning I met the running group for our 14 mile run.  I have been very lucky to have met Megan because she truly makes the run go faster and keep ourselves occupied by talking about what's going on in our world and of course nonsense as well.

I went home last week and I took my new baby with us.....THIS new baby!
My new iPhone 4 with the purple cover.  I'm a girly girl and I like to accessorize so I'm thinking on blinging it up with a cover like this (this one is for the 3G) so I am still waiting for nicer ones to come out for the 4 version.
I have been a Verizon customer for years and I haven't had any problems.  So far, this phone has dropped calls like 10 times ugh!!! It's worth it at times because this little gadget is pure awesomeness.

Last weekend I went home to Richmond to see my family and friends.  Boy, that weekend went by TOO fast.  That Saturday, I ended up doing my assigned miles on my own and ran it in Pocahontas State Park.  I became a runner because of that park.  I know every trail, every turn, every hill, every tree, every creek, the 2 dams, and the Swift Creek reservoir. It is a big park but it feels small to me because of my intimate relationship with the trails. I haven't ran on it in 2 years!! It was so good to back there.

My dog Dash will be 7 years old this October and I have been taking him there since he was a puppy.  This weimaraner is so intelligent that he recognizes running clothes! He even knows when I am changing! He will run upstairs and see me changing but the second I put on those running shoes! FORGET IT!!! He will bark and jump and push and drool! OH.EM.GEE!!! He goes crazy! He knows we are headed there! I wanted to take him with me so bad since it's OUR special time, our bond but my buddy who ran 16 miles with me before (just the 2 of us)....can't handle long distances anymore so I knew 10 would be too much for him.

I miss and cherish that time with him! Only he knows my running pace! When I take him off his leash he would run ahead and look back at me and I would play hide and seek with him! Of course he would always find me but it's these little things that I miss about going home! I can't believe I'm even admitting this but I was listening to Pandora radio on my phone and I was in one of the trails. This particular trail takes you to the dam; there is a little trail that veers off to the right that NOBODY knows about! I have been going to that park since 2001 and I have yet to see a soul! At that moment while thinking about Dash, this song came on the radio "Somewhere only we know" by Keane.  At that moment, I started crying.  I'm the only child so it's only natural to miss home even more and I sure missed my sweet boy.
 (Please excuse my Snooki bump, pillow was pushing up my hair! I am not in the cast of Jersey Shore)

 Later that day, I caught up with some friends and drank skinny girl margaritas and had the best time!! It's definitely tough saying goodbye to the weekends when you are having the best time!!  Tonight, the hubby and I are going to dinner and a movie and going to see "The Switch"
I just LOVE Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman is so funny! I hope is good! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

13 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! Another Verizon to iPhone convert! ;) I didn't have any problems with Verizon either, and sort felt like I was cheating on them when I switched to AT&T lol!! I don't know what it was, I just felt badly! Then again, I was the child who had to rotate her stuffed animals so all of them felt "equally loved." Anyway, I know exactly what you mean about the importance of a good running buddy. Sometimes, that's the only thing that gives us that extra little push we need to finish out those last few miles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am holding out on converting at the moment, and it's only because my company reimburses me through Verizon. Boo. Loved her comment about the Snookie bump, hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna know if The Switch is any good! I'm dying to see it! I think Jason Bateman is so funny and of course who doesn't love Jen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, new reader/commenter/follower. I just read your blog for the first time and thought "gosh, we have a lot in common" I had a 16 mile run yesterday (that I didn't end up doing b/c of a hip injury), went to dinner and a movie with my husband yesterday and saw The Switch, my hubs parents live in Chesterfield (right outside Richmond), we are newleyweds etc. Anyway, I look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is CRAZY! His parents live in Chesdin Landing. We love visiting and I love running there. So peaceful! small world is right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, first of all, how funny about that new blog reader....small world! Secondly, congrats on the new "baby", third, you forgot to mention, and then Siobhan and I had a "list making text game". LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHH....love the SNOOKI bump!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that phone cover!! And your pup is too cute! How sweet that he loves running with you so much! You are inspiring me to go for a run today!!

    Hope The Switch was good, I can't wait to see it... and I LOVE skinny margaritas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww. What a sweet post. I miss my old lab. We used to go to this hiking spot that leads to a little waterfall. It was pretty hilly so when she got older I coldn't take her anymore. It made me really sad. Now I'm getting teary-eyed!

    lindseyl0ve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :) I wish you the best as you prepare to become a mommy! The planning sure is exciting! Prepare yourself as best as you can now both physically and mentally because you'll definitely benefit! It's an amazing journey however exhausting it may be! Wouldn't trade it for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your doggie story! Dogs can always make you smile with your antics...yours sounds so smart! And 14 miles?!!! Girl, you must be training for a marathon, huh? Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    Oh my gosh, I can't believe you ran 14 miles! I can't even imagine running four! Hope you're having a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete