Can I just say that I CANNOT wait until Saturday! We are headed to the Pumpkin Patch in the afternoon, dinner and a movie.....BUT what movie?.........Paranormal Activity 2! Why do I do this to myself? or Why in general do you ask? because I love covering my eyes and squeezing my man's left arm whenever I feel a scary part is coming on. When the original came out, I think I only watched 80% of it because the other 20% my eyes were SHUT.
CHANGE OF PLANS! Do you remember I was going to put a deposit down on this little baby?
After VERY careful consideration and going back and forth because Goldens just melt your heart, we have decided this may not be the right breed for us at this time. WHAT?! are you crazy? I know that's what y'all are thinking and I know... I understand. Did you know this breed suffers from hip dysplasia (so do many others) but they require this dog to have limitations their first 3 years until their joints are fully matured? I'm an extremely active person. I can't sit still. I HAVE to be outside! My motto is if the sun is out, you have to be outside even for a couple of minutes to take in fresh air. I am a marathon runner... I have to be on the trails. I have to sweat everyday. My husband is also an outdoorsy guy. His favorite store is REI....nuff said. So, without further adieu....we have decided to get a German dog.....this breed is like my weimaraner's distant cousin.....a German Shorthaired Pointer!!!!!!!!!!
I always see this breed while I'm out running and while in Chicago I saw the solid colored one and suddenly fell in love. These dogs LOVE to be outside, have LOTS of energy and require their owner to take them in LOTS of runs. My type of dog! Where do I sign up?
I do love Goldens! I hope to add this breed to our little family some day.
On another note, I am VERY sad Teen Mom is done for the season.
I have become attached to those 4 girls. My husband knows 10pm on Tuesdays means he has to go in the living room and laughs at my addiction. He's like what is it with you and pregnant teenagers? ummm...he NEVER complains when the re-runs are on while we are eating or just sitting around on the weekends. He secretly loves it. MEN! All I know is that I hope Amber seeks help for little Leah's sake. Poor Gary. And how cute is Carly? ok enough.
Have y'all heard Beyonce is pregnant? I LOVE that woman! I dance a mean "Single ladies".....just saying....
I hope everybody has a fantastic rest of the week and weekend!!! Hugs!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







oh wow...the puppies are SO cute! Can't wait to see the one you get :)
ReplyDeleteI love teen mom too. I did not know this week was the finale until yesterday and I'm so sad : ( I love it too!
i LOVE scary movies and I cover my eyes 80% of the time too! I totally let myself get into it!
ReplyDeletegood thinking it over on the dog! all dogs look cute when they're puppies but it is important to think over what breed is really right for your lifestyle!
That's great that you thought it over about what kind of dog is best for y'all :)
ReplyDeleteI heard that about Beyonce' on the radio this morning!
Hope you've had a great day!
I think you made the right decision!! ANY puppy can totally melt your heart, but a responsible pet owner needs to decide whether that breed is right for their lifestyle. Bravo for having the necessary foresight!! My husband recently brought home a golden pup to "surprise" me (there's a post called The Surprise on my blog where you can read all about), but we gave it up the very next day because there was NO NO NO way we could keep it, for many obvious reasons I'm shocked my husband didn't think about. They ARE just SO darn cute that sometimes all reason just flies out the window! LOL!!
ReplyDeleteOmigosh, if you do see Paranomal Activity, you'll have to tell us how it is. I was soooooo scurred at the first one-- couldn't sleep for days, hahah!!
ReplyDeleteI too am super bummed that Teen Mom is over... as much as it infuriates me (amber) I love it. My husband knows not to scold me about it either (it's my ONE guilty pleasure!!) The other day he was watching the finale with me when Tyler and Catelynn were snuggling and he says, "You know they're not going to stay together!!" and I 'bout hit him, hahah! OF COURSE they'll stay together-- forever!! ;-) Carly is ONE ADORABLE BABY!!
Oh my! Too cute! We are getting a puppy soon too...my dad picks him up a week from Saturday and we actually get him three weeks from today. Cannot wait.
ReplyDeleteAlso, german short hairs are amazing dogs. My uncle actually breeds them! If you have a change of heart, vizslas (what we are getting) are another great option! Awesome disposition and outdoors-y, athletic dogs. Runners magazine actually named them one of the best dogs for longer runs!
I'm sure that was so hard to have to say no to that Golden. But sounds like you have done your research and are chosing the right breed for you. I've heard good things about German Shorthaired Pointers too! I took our dogs to the vet yesterday and they were thinking pointer might be mixed in there somewhere. And they are active dogs!
ReplyDeleteOhhh my if you are looking for an outdoorsey kind of dog you have picked the right one. Our Maddie is that type of breed. She LOVES being outside and she'll run with the best of them. :) Even though they might have a lot of high energy...they are a lover and adore their cuddle time with you! Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions about the breed!:) Good luck with the puppy and ENJOY your weekend!
ReplyDeleteOhhh the puppy pictures are too cute! I hope you find a dog that suits you guys just right. Sounds like a great weekend, have fun!
ReplyDeleteThose puppies are too cute!! I like the breed you decided on. And I am SO with you on Teen Mom. I can't believe how wrapped up in it I am! And my husband is THE exact same way!! He acts like he doesn't like it but then makes me pause it if he has to go to the bathroom - ha! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're totally right, you HAVE to get the right dog for you! You'll love whichever one you choose. :) Hope you had fun at the pumpkin patch!
ReplyDelete