Monday, October 18, 2010

Chicago weekend wrap up!!!

I am back to the blogger world after a week of absence. The weekend couldn't have gone any more perfect! We arrived in Chicago on Thursday and the weather through the weekend was perfection.  I didn't take too many pictures because the hubs and I were too busy playing catch up with our friends.  I didn't even take pictures of the lovely wedding YIKES! Since the hubs was a groomsman he will most definitely get to see all the photos from his photo shoot :)  There were a couple hiccups along the way...like....during the bride and groom vows, a bridesmaid FAINTED!!!!!!!!!! and the pastor KEPT GOING!!! I had my reservations about the pastor's behavior even the night of the rehearsal.  All I have to say is that the deacon who married us at our Cathedral is a class act.  An extremely classy and sweet man. But, the pastor from this wedding was NOT my cup of tea. He was aware and witnessed the poor girl fainting and answered his LOUD cell phone in the middle of the rehearsal AND told very inappropriate jokes....seriously?! I was dumbfounded at the end of it.  But the reception was a complete SUCCESS! It was in a beautiful location and we had the best time.  I took this photo of myself because my husband wasn't in the room to take any since he was already en route to the church in a limo full of boys.  Thank you Nordyland for having this gorgeous dress on inventory!
My poor husband got so sick with a terrible cold the night before we left and had watery eyes, kept coughing and sneezing.  I felt so bad for him! Boys do make the worse patients and of course what do you do as a wife? you BABY them to the end! Here are a couple more photos of the wedding.
                Look at how squinty his eyes were! Bless his heart
                                            Take one
                                          Take two
The next day was THE BEST day! We were out and about in the city and every time we go to Chi-town we act like the biggest tourists.....I love that city SO MUCH! It's just so much fun! I love how BIG and CLEAN it is!
Here is us visiting The Bean in 2008!
This is us visiting The Bean in 2010!

Notice the UPGRADE of the camera! Ha! I cannot believe I went so long without a Canon! I still love my little Sony but I love my fancy camera!
We took some more pictures at The Bean so here are some more photos........








Later, our sweet friends Emily and Eric met up with us. They stayed at our same hotel which turned out PERFECT!!! I haven't seen them in a year! since our wedding exactly. It was so great to hug them both! Emily and I became teary-eyed immediately. We love having those two in our lives! They are the salt of the earth. We feel blessed and honored to have friends like them.  After we met them we took a cab to the Sears/Willis Tower and waited for 2 hours ( I think?) We were so excited to stand on the plexiglass platform on the 110th floor. We were there at night and the view was breathtaking....I will let the photos speak for themselves.......



After leaving we all went to Giordano's OH.EM.GEE! I am so happy Emily recommended it! It was the best deep dish pizza I have ever had!!! Here is the one photo I was able to take courtesy of my iPhone.
Notice Emily's blondie locks in the background! To wrap up this post so it doesn't go on forever....we had an amazing time especially our last day there! Like I said before, I go to Chicago for work all the time and I just received an email that I will be there again in November and December! So I am excited.  I might extend the trip and fly the hubs there to make a weekend out of it! I hope everybody had an amazing weekend! We most definitely did! XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Glad y'all had a fun weekend! Love all the pictures :) Your dress was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks fabulous and it looks like you had a great weekend! Chicago is on my short list of places to go- one of my best friends lives there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks so yummy! Glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked so pretty at the wedding! That pizza also looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete