Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Our DC getaway! Part 2

Ok.....let's continue this....shall we?!

Where did I leave off?.....Sunday morning we woke up and I have to say we enjoyed sleeping in.....It is SO sad that I travel so much for work that I woke up thinking I was in Chicago.....my husband was a little disoriented as well thinking we were somewhere in the Carolinas...( we go there A LOT) we both looked at each other laughing thinking WOW! Those cupcakes made us delirious!

We picked up breakfast and began exploring....We walked for HOURS and it was absolutely frigid.....we were killing time before the Capitals game but we soaked every minute of it! It was so great to be together this way.  We are both extremely busy people so our little occasional getaways brings us even closer together without the everyday distractions.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ducks walking on the frozen water.....and more headed our way....

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, we arrived at the Caps game! It was unbelievable! We won!!! And not only that, my sneaky husband got seats on the 4th row behind the goalie where the Capitals shoot twice.  I am a VERY girlie girl but not your typical one.  I don't ask for jewelry or anything crazy.  I love sports and him taking me to see my favorite hockey team is absolute bliss for me!

Last hockey game we got seats in the same area... oh how that man spoils me! Tickets in that area ain't cheap! I couldn't get mad at him when I saw how much he spent......I just couldn't.

We have one of the best hockey players in the NHL- Alexander Ovechkin #8 whom I describe to friends as MY Russian! Being SO close to the glass and being able to see the entire team I just began to scream with excitement.  I was absolutely smitten by my Russian. He is very unfortunate looking and is missing a tooth and his English is pretty terrible.....ha! This isn't why I am smitten, although I did scream " Ovechkin I love you!" (which I know he heard because we were extremely close to him....see below he totally heard! he's looking right at us!)
Photobucket

BUT because of what an amazing player he is.

My husband laughed every time he skated by the glass as I squeezed his arm saying " omg there he is!!!" I was never a nut over boy bands growing up, in fact I never liked them....but I guess I am a hockey nut that evolved later in life.....Pictures? why of course!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I must have taken a zillion pictures of the game, but you get the point....I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week!

HUGS!

9 comments:

  1. awww, you guys are so cute! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caps games are so much fun! I'm so jealous of your awesome seats. Glad you had such a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an amazing getaway weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! My husband and I have both been to DC multiple times separately, but never together. It's on our list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! I love the Caps too! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun weekend for you and your husband! I just came across your blog so I thought I would say hi and that your pup is adorable! What kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I've never been to DC but I feel like it is definitely a must! So much to see and so much history!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun!! Y'all got some amazing pictures together and it looks like you had a blast! I'm dying to go to DC.

    ReplyDelete