Monday, January 17, 2011

Our DC getaway! Part 1

Hey y'all!

I am hanging my head down in shame because I have been SO bad at blogging.  This year didn't start off as good as I wanted to.  There has been many changes at work that needed a mental adjustment in my part.  I have never been THIS overwhelmed before, I am acquiring more and more responsibilities thereby causing a lot of stress.  Since January 3rd, it has been non-stop for me that I truly have no recollection of anything.  My birthday is this Thursday so my wonderful husband took me on a DC getaway.  I am the biggest hockey nut in the East Coast and took me to a see my Washington Capitals in DC.  Since the game was yesterday ( Sunday) we made it into a weekend trip.
DC holds a VERY special place in our heart, not only because of our several trips there when we lived in Richmond but because it was there when my then-boyfriend now-husband told me he wanted to marry me! WOAH BABY! music.to.my.ears  I was SO smitten by him and so crazy in love with him that I was on cloud 9 when he told me that!
We spent a fun-filled day taking a stroll by the monuments and taking in the scenery.  Then, we went to a Steelers bar.....you know people who live in DC aren't from DC....I think we figured out where half the population of Pittsburgh moved to! It was a 3 story bar that was filled of black and gold gear, my hubs felt right at home....You couldn't even walk or breathe.  At that point, I said "Sorry love but we gotta go" We ended up at a bar next door where we encountered Ravens fans ( Oh boy!) All I have to say is that if you didn't watch that game, shame on you! It was amazing! We came back SO strong and the fact that it was a playoff game makes it even more exciting.
Here are a few pictures of Saturday.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The line was NOT bad at all, it was actually 10 minutes....we got there 30 minutes before they closed....if you live near the DC area, you have to come here, the cupcakes are delicious and spongy! bliss!

Photobucket 
My early Birthday dinner at Bodega's ( awesome tapas restaurant)


Stay tuned for part 2.....

I hope your weekend was wonderful as well :)

3 comments:

  1. yay steelers!! and cupcakes :) looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend in my town! I'm so happy to hear you squeezed in a visit to Georgetown Cupcakes :) Aren't they amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete