Sunday, July 18, 2010

Forever friend & Fun weekend

So, this weekend was FUN.  Our friend Katie came to Philadelphia to visit us for the weekend.  Poor thing, she got lost on the way here from Richmond- a trip that should have taken between 4.5-6 hours TOPS! took her 8! I made an uh oh! I tried helping by giving her a "short cut" and she went the wrong way.  I was only trying to help and got her lost :( She was grumpy but kept her cool (something I don't know how to do very well) but she made it!!!
We ended up going to dinner and getting some drinks and talked "medical lingo" the entire time.....mostly her telling us stories about how med school in Denver is going.  It was a good time.  When we got home, we ended up showing her our wedding video since she couldn't make it.....I so wish she would have been there.  It is because of her, I married my best friend and the reason I am the luckiest girl in the planet.  I can honestly say, it is because of her I am married to Wesley and I will be forever grateful.

Katie is an avid runner, a fast runner actually.  Like I have mentioned before, I am training for another marathon and I had to run 10 miles yesterday.  Every Saturday I run with the marathon group, however, the past 3 Saturdays I have been running on my own and have been very loyal to my schedule.  What kind of friend comes to visit from Richmond ( who is only home from school for a week) and gets in a car to drive to Philadelphia and gets up super early the next day to accompany me in a 10 mile run???!!! noONE! but she did!! Later that day, we went to see Inception (what a confusing.......hard to follow......great movie) I was like Wow......especially the ending!!!

Katie already left because her flight back to Colorado is this afternoon so she drove back to Richmond yesterday evening.  Wesley and I are very blessed to have a person like that in our lives.  She will be our friend forever! She has always been very loyal and a great friend (she even sends us little care packages from Denver)  Katie, you are the best! We love you and miss you already!

This morning I woke up so sore! OMG! I can now say we have hit double digits and I am excited for our 12 mile run next Saturday! crucial distance that I cannot miss!! Today, Wesley and I went to Dick's because my Garmin was messing up during my run yesterday and I think is because my wrist sweat is getting in the watch so we bought sweat wrist bands so the watch doesn't get wet (sorry if I am grossing you out haha ) I just can't have interruptions with the watch especially now since my distance is increasing and need to keep track of it.

We also went to Best Buy, we have decided to get a 55" flat screen for our living room.

We just wanted to get an idea of what TV we wanted, we both learned so much about TVs and I think we both deserve a masters degree on it! So we have narrowed our choice and we will be going next month to purchase it. YAY!!! We are spending a nice quiet Sunday together.  We had some grocery shopping done as well.  Thank goodness because we were completely out of groceries!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment