Recently I had one of those days; you know, the ones where everything just seems to NOT go your way. Work was overwhelming, my mind was wandering all over the place, and I just couldn’t seem to focus. I felt like screaming at the world to just stop for a minute and give me a chance to breathe. Just when I felt like I was going to burst, I drove to the nearest Starbucks mainly to clear my mind. As I was driving to one of my hospitals, (not in the safest part of of town) I really put everything into perspective. No, I do not want to live here. No, I do not want to drive through these scary neighborhoods. No, I do not want to lose my patience and give the middle finger to the jerk that is motioning to me to go around him. No, I do not scream at the people that will not let me through traffic. At that moment of intensity my phone rang....I answer it. So here I am talking on the phone with a friend of mine and she tells me how blessed I was. My initial thought was, “blessed…are you kidding me? I just told you about how foul people are in this city and you say I'm blessed?". And then I began to reflect on all the things God has done in my life, and to be honest, I then felt a bit guilty. Recently, I’ve been contemplating moving, although this has been on the agenda to happen within the next year, I wanted to pack us up, pick up and leave NOW. I miss the South so much. I miss my family and friends in Richmond. However, my husband is in graduate school and the plan was for him to finish and THEN move. And here I am complaining- shame on me!
I am able to say that although it stresses me out, I do have a job, a rewarding one for that matter. I live and share a life with the most wonderful husband (and best friend) and have good friends by my side. I have air in my lungs that allows me to do what I love which is running. Wesley and I are healthy to allow us to see another day. It’s humbling and exciting to be on this journey.
I recently read that we should, “consider it pure joy whenever we face trials, because that testing develops perseverance”. My goal for each day is simply to remember that I’m here on earth for a bigger purpose, and I’m moved to do more with my life. I have to count my blessings.
The next time I feel down, I hope I stop to realize how truly blessed I am.
Speak Love, Act Love, Live Love
Change The World
I am able to say that although it stresses me out, I do have a job, a rewarding one for that matter. I live and share a life with the most wonderful husband (and best friend) and have good friends by my side. I have air in my lungs that allows me to do what I love which is running. Wesley and I are healthy to allow us to see another day. It’s humbling and exciting to be on this journey.
I recently read that we should, “consider it pure joy whenever we face trials, because that testing develops perseverance”. My goal for each day is simply to remember that I’m here on earth for a bigger purpose, and I’m moved to do more with my life. I have to count my blessings.
The next time I feel down, I hope I stop to realize how truly blessed I am.
Speak Love, Act Love, Live Love
Change The World



Loved this post! It's the same type of reflection I had to do when Eric was searching for a full time job. I had to stop getting mad that it was taking so long and just realize that this is just a minor hiccup in our lives. You are a very strong woman! <3 Em
ReplyDelete(oh and I already know you are going to ask...my blog is on the way...super busy lately! haha)
Thanks Em! It really does feel better to write out those emotions.....I can't wait for you to begin your blog so I can read it :)
ReplyDelete