Hi Friends!
It's been a LONG time since my last blog post- over 2 months- that's crazy talk. I had some sweet ladies email me and ask if I am alive and well- Such sweethearts.
Part of the reason was the holidays and my crazy work schedule but the MAIN reason was because I was too nauseous to go near a computer. I am beyond giddy sharing this post with the sweet people that read my blog. It turns out that my husband and I ARE expecting a BABY!
AHHHHH!!!! I am SO happy to finally let the cat out of the bag! Friends, we are going to be PARENTS! I have prayed for this moment for so long. I actually wanted to start trying for our new addition THIS month but who are we kidding? That department is in God's hands. I finally understood the statement- want to make God laugh? then, tell him your plans...
I was supposed to be running the Charleston half marathon this past weekend, but God had bigger plans MUCH bigger than a race. Once I took the little test, I immediately stopped training because I was already in double digit miles and I was SO happy to do it. I was becoming so competitive with myself, obsessed with setting a PR... WOW! the race and everything that I had in the works seem so small compared to this incredible blessing. When we went to our first prenatal appointment and we saw the little peanut and heard the sweetest sound in the world- our baby's heartbeat, nothing in the world mattered. When we went to our second appointment and everything was progressing as it should, it became SO real and oh so special. I am almost 14 weeks and we are OVERJOYED!
Back to Charleston, we still went away for the weekend and hands down, it had to be one of the best weekends of my life- It was such a memorable experience. We took little Cooper along with us and the entire time I couldn't get over the fact that the sweet little life in my belly was part of all the action.
Let me just say that it is January and the beach wasn't exactly toasty warm. We took Cooper to Folly beach near the Morris Island lighthouse and it was his first time EVER setting paw on the beach and the sand! Our furry baby experienced the sand and the ocean and it was SUCCESS! Little C was in loooove and even jumped in the FREEZING cold water that of course made this mommy scared that he may catch a cold....The mother gene has taken effect :)
I took this video with my phone and let me just add that he also wiped out my hubs. I laugh every time I watch it! Enjoy and I will come back soon ( I promise) with belly pics, stories and details!
Lots of HUGS!



I was JUST thinking about you yesterday and wondering where you have been, and here's my answer! Congratulations to you and your husband, that is SO exciting. I'm thrilled for you and can't wait to follow along.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I lied. I had to get to your blog seconds after you told me you updated. YEA!!!! I mean, Cooper at the beach. What's better then that? A BABY!!! Mazel Tov my friend!!! All the best.
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox.
Congrats, I'm sooo happy for you. 2012 is going to be amazing!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing news!!! Congrats! That video is too funny...our dogs act the same exact way at the beach!!!
ReplyDeleteahhh I knew it!!! Congrats!!:)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations girl! That is SO exciting!
ReplyDeleteomg, BIG congrats girl!! SOOO excited!!
ReplyDelete